BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

old year, new year

We were all very busy over the holidays. With music recitals, birthdays, and all Bens' Dr. appts. and tests, i crammed all my shopping in over a 3 day period. It was insane...it also worked, go figure.

I had an appointment on Dec. 30 with my rheumatologist, so i braced myself for a stern lecture, we loaded up the van with 8 children plus Timmi, and headed to OKC.

The Dr.s appointment did not go well. It seems I am having a huge flare up of my yuck. This crazy cold weather is not my friend, and i can't seem to ever get warm enough, or stay warm.. I am going to buy some thermal underwear, or stay in the house until spring.

The pain in my hands and wrists is not fibromyalgia, oh no, it is rheumatoid arthritis, and the dehydration, just a symptom of the sjogrens syndrome...she asked if i had been under a lot of stress since my last visit...I had to admit, yes my stress was way out of control...and there you have it, stress + no sleep + 9 children+ 1 ill husband= autoimmune chaos and catastrophe....

The Dr. had some solutions, i just really didn't care for them....

We had a great afternoon inspite of my pain and the frrezing temps. Andrew and Tiffiany met us at Oklahomas favorite vacation spot Bass Pro Shops. The children never tire of looking at their fish tanks and displays.

We walked the 2 blocks into bricktown, and looked at all the Christmas decorations, then we took the children to the ballpark to go tubing. Thry had 2 levels of hills, and i would like to say a fun time was had by all, but it was really, excrutiatingly cold and wet. Lunch was better, it was indoors, and was supposed to be heated,I personally cannot swear to that.

I wore leggings, jeans, a shirt, a turtleneck sweater, a heavy sweater, a scarf ,gloves, 2 pairs of socks, coat, and the new hated tennis shoes. I didn't thaw out for 2 days.

It was great having the whole family together and they all really enjoyed having their older brothers along for the day. We were quite a parade walking around Brick town..Ben and I, Andrew and Tiffiany, Kyle and Timmi, and of course Ashley, Nicole, Connor, Jonathan, Sean Patrick, Christian, and Alexandra aka meme lola being passed from person to person, it was too cold for her to walk...and little princesses have to be carried, all bundled up with pink blankets on them...

New Years Day was uneventful, we went to Mass as usual, and I think I am going to have to stop wearing dresses until spring, or wear super long skirts with thermals under them...I know i keep saying it is so cold, but we are enduring an artic blast, and all i can think is go away. I am not suited for artic blasts, and i don't like these single digit, and sub-zero temps. I admit it i am a sissy...

I am up bright and early this Epiphany morning as my 2 youngest have invaded my bed, and i have no where to lay down. Christian sleeps side-ways, and on top of one arm, Alexandra lays on the other, i feel like a wrestler pinned to the mat. I surrendered and just got up...I feel a nap coming on later...

Today is the official end to the Christmas Season, and as we are all baked out, i think i will make a big pot of soup, some french bread, and a peach cobbler. I am certain the wise men won't mind, and after tonight my Christmas lights will be turned off, and I will begin the unenviable task of taking all these decorations down.

On the bright side it is so stinking cold, i don't have anywhere i want to go.

0 comments: