BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 22, 2010

woe is me

My neighbor Debbie called this morning, to give me a water update. We have had water since Sat. , but it can't be used for dishes, drinking, etc. it has to be boiled first. Many of my neighbors are still without water, and they are on day 11 of no water.

The tower can't keep up with the drain on the system, so they are turning off the limited water until Sun. or Mon.

I will admit my first inclination was to sit down and have a good cry, but not knowing when Abe would shut it down, the Mama in me began collecting water in anything and everything available in order to flush toliets, wash dishes, and camp bathe my household.

I wanted to be depressed, but i am not, i was irritated, but quickly offered a prayer for Abe who is working around the clock almost single handed now that everyone has left him, and for Debbie who is receiving a lot of angry calls. Most people out here are pragmatic, and go with the flow. We are what you would call country folk...people who deal with what needs to be done...

I have floors that desperately need mopping, if you added water to them, you just might get mud, and then i thought of the poor people that only have mud for floors, no walls, no ceiling, no end in sight...how ungrateful i am ....i really love turning on the taps, and having lots of hot water whoosh out, how disheartening it is to turn on your taps, and nothing happen...

It was while i was franticallly filling buckets, and pots, and things, my mother called. She is still dealing with the mess left by the robbers, that stole her earthly possessions, trashed her home, and left her nervous and unsettled...she told me my 30 year old nephew is still in critical condition, and the Dr.s have declared his colon cancer to have invaded his liver and be stage 4...My sister Anita is beside herself with grief....she can't speak, sleep, eat...

I ask your prayers, for Matthew, his wife, My sister Anita and her husband Steve, and the rest of the family...

After speaking to my Mother, the inconvenience of my water situation seemed so small, so minor, we will cope, and move on...the little challenges of life, God give them your strength to face the big ones...

Give your comfort to my sister who's heart is breaking, help her to face what she can't...help me too...words offer no comfort at a time like this, so i will offer up my sacrifices, and hope she finds comfort in your love...

0 comments: