BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 15, 2010

little chickadees

Bens' alarm went off at 4:40 as usual, and i am sad to say, the tag team was in bed with us. They both sat straight up, yeah is it morning. Despite my insistence it wasn't morning, they both got up.

I really hate whining, snarling and griping first thing in the morning, and tried my best to get everyone back into bed, but no luck. I just had to suck it up fix breakfast and put the coffee on. 2 cups later, i still want to crawl back in bed, and now my 2 year old has decided to sit down and cry. I don't know why she is crying, and she doesn't know why she is crying, it is just one of those things.

We have a really busy day ahead of us. Tonight is Home-coming, and Ashley is the candidate for 4-H. They voted yesterday, and she voted for another girl, i asked her why? and she said everyone knows you can't vote for yourself. I said yes, you can. Who do you think John McCain voted for Barack Obama? What if you lose by the margin of one vote, yours...

She laughed, Mom, I don't care about winning home-coming queen. I just like wearing a pretty dress, and getting my hair and make-up done. Okay, that's good to know.

Her day of beauty makes for a very busy day for me. She is coming home after lunch so i can put the laces back in her dress, tack up the gathers she pulled out, fix her hair, nails, and make-up with little sleep and 2 grouchy toddlers. Feed the troops, and be at the school by 5:00.

I think we will eat the enormous pot of soup i made yesterday again, with some grilled cheese sandwiches. Alexandra already thinks it is lunch time and is eating a bowl now. Come to think of it, we have been up almost 4 hours , and that soup smells pretty good....She is on bowl # 2, and i put the whole pot in my crock-pot, so i don't have to think today...

We had water for 2 hours last night, but the pressure is really low and not drinkable. I was only able to do one load of laundry, but i did get everyone bathed. I hope they are able to resolve this today. i had to do Alexandras' laundry this morning by hand on a wash-board, i know Granny will get a kick out of that. When you have a young lady potty-training, accidents happen quite often, and little panties have to be washed out quickly.

Even with the water turned on, our water pressure wasn't normal, so i am calling the command center this morning to check in. I don't know whether to be annoyed or amused, so i go back and forth.

Ben is still not doing well. He has been driving to work again, but we are really keeping a close eye on him. His ultrasound showed some blockage in the carroted arteries, but nothing major. They are going to continue treating it with medication. They also found a nodule on his thyroid, and he is going in for a nuclear scan on 1/26, so they can get a better look at it. He sees a neurologist on 2/1 , and hopefully, the neurologist will be able to sort this all out. It is really upsetting for him, and scary for me.

I am trying to convince Christian it is nap-time, but he isn't going for it, he insists it is morning time, not nap-time. I have Alexandra convinced, maybe he will bring the bat cave, bat-man, and the bat mobile into my room, and play with them, while we rest for a little bit...pillows, soft sheets, down comforter...it is calling my name...

Good Night, ummm good morning...good nap-time? good riddance!!!!

1 comments:

momoflots said...

Oh Kimberly!!! Your life is so crazy right now!!! I hope you don't have to do too many loads of wash on that washboard!! I am praying daily for your husband!!! And for health, and peace foa all your family and REST for you!!!

Christine