BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 4, 2009

t,v, land

I have really reached a point where i absolutely despise the t.v. shows marketed for teens and tweens...i have banned so many of them . They are flat out obnoxious. They are all really one show...smart aleck teenager, gets over on stupid clueless adults.

I think they set a bad precedent with the sneaking lying and back-talking...Ben has suggested we get rid of the t.v. programming in the living room, and somedays i agree with him, and somedays, i really want wow, wow, wubzy, or Max and Ruby...we rest when they are on...Christian no longer naps, and Alexandra won't go to sleep if i am reading to him...she loves story time...

I did shut the programming off for 3 months once, so i know we can live without it, i am just not sure i want to...i need to lay down in the afternoon, and i know we could put on a dvd, i have a list on t.v. shows i like, and it seems hypocritical to take out their programming, and keep mine..

1 comments:

momoflots said...

When the big change to HD programming came we didn't get the box - and we don't buy cable so we don't have TV - I thought I would go crazy at first not having Mr. Rogers and all to entertain the kids but we're doing just fine (much to my surprise!!) We pop in a Veggie Tales when life gets too much. I watch my shows on the computer when I have a need to hide out from the teens hanging out in the living room!!