BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 18, 2008

advent

I have been doing the daily advent readings out of The Living Word magazine which I really enjoy, but yesterday I started a new book called the O antiphons. Father Matthew gave it to me a few years ago, and I love it.

Dec. 17 O Sapientia ~O wisdom O Holy word of God
Dec. 18 O Adonai~O Sacred Lord of ancient Israel
Dec. 19 O Radix Jesse~ O flower of Jesse's stem
Dec. 20, O Clavis David~O key of David,O royal power of Israel
Dec. 21 O Oriens~O /radiant dawn, O splendor of eternal light
Dec. 22 O Rex Gentium~O King of all the nations
Dec. 23 O Emmanuel~ O Emmanuel king and lawgiver
In reverse order they spell out Ero cras, or tomorrow I will be there.

This is just a brief outline of the antiphons, and the scriptures from Isaiah and the full readings can be found on line. Thank you Father Matthew for helping me stay focused on waiting for the Lord.

0 comments: