BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas shopping

Ben and I went Christmas shopping tuesday and wednesday with our little tag along Alexandra. We are trying to cut back on our expenses this year. His bonus was smaller than last year, and while we are very fortunate and blessed, we are really trying to take the focus off the gifts . The children all do their shopping at dollar tree, or they make their gifts. It is so funny to see all of them trying to hide their finds, as they all shop at the same time in the same store. Afterwards, we get a snack and go look at the christmas lights.

This year as I shopped at yard sales, and thrift stores, when I found something wonderful, I set it aside for the children to give it as a gift. I had an interesting time wrapping a few days ago with Sean, Christian, and Alexandra helping me. She liked the tags, she keeps trying to pull them off the gifts.

We still have some shopping to do, but after picking up a few more things, I think we should just stop. How much is enough, or even too much? We are rethinking how many gifts we give, we don't want the focus of the season to be lost in wrapping paper, and how much you get.

My health problems are forcing me to rethink all the things I think I have to do for Christmas to be perfect. I know I can no longer bake 12 different kinds of cookies, breads, rolls, cakes, and pies. I am supposed to cut back, and take care of myself.

Dear Lord help me to be grateful for everything I am still able to do, help me to accept my limitations , do what I still can do with joy.

0 comments: