BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crazy cars in Tuckerville

We have had a crazy couple of days here in Tuckerville. I know I say that all the time, but what else do you call it when you have the van in drive, and stop at the stop sign minding your own business, and when you step on the accelerator it goes in reverse. That happened twice on the way home from the Dr. Friday afternoon amongst other tantrums the van decided to throw.

To set all this excitement up , Wed. night, I made the innocent comment, I was recovering from my pneumonia, Ashley was out of the wheel chair, and the little boys were doing well. We would be able to go to Mass on Sunday, for the first time in 2 months.

Thurs. night the 15 passenger vans alternator went out. Ben barely made it home from work, he coasted the last bit to get here. Friday the little van went insane. I thought we had demonic possession, and was about to break out the Holy Water, but Ben said it was the transmission. I am still not convinced.

I am serious, mention church, and both vans break down within 24 hours. I didn't get to go to Mass on Sunday. I find it so frustrating. I need that time with the Lord, I need my soul to be refreshed so desperately, and the craziest things keep happening.

Today, I cautiously drove the crazy van down to the school, because Alexandra broke the phone, and Andrew didn't recharge his. It drove terrible, but at least we were going forward. It wouldn't start when I tried to come home and Ben had to borrow Andrews' car to come rescue me in town. I tried to warn him about the van, but he took off to H'ville to run his errands, and made it about 5 miles before the van went berserk. He finally made it home and the van took its last gasp and blew up in the drive. He walked in the house and said well thats it the van just went to hell and gone. I said what do you mean? He said , it's over, it's dead, it blew up in the drive. It didn't even have the good grace to make around back to the parking lot of dead cars, it's right out front where everybody can see it's dead. I started laughing, I mean what else can you do at this point.

We have 3 cars, and none of them run. Ben borrowed Andrews' car went back to town,bought the alternator, and a few groceries. Stopped by and got his buddy jeremy and proceeded to work on vehicles in 32 degree weather. I am pleased to report, that the 15 passenger van , and Andrews' old cougar are now running. Just to be on the safe side tomorrow I am breaking out the Holy Water and dousing both of them. It couldn't hurt.

0 comments: