BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

screw loose

Ashley had her surgery on Monday morning as scheduled, and that was the only thing that went according to plan. Alexandra was still ill, and going 4 days with no sleep or rest triggered my awful, horrid, wretched, auto-immune what-ever. I was in horrendous shape, and terrible, constant pain.

Benjamin said I was in no condition to take the baby, and spend all day at the hospital, I needed to stay home and take care of myself. I argued, I cried, I rebelled against being told to do anything, even if it is with my interest at heart. I even plotted to have Bobbie Sue take me to the hospital after they left. In the end, I stayed home.

Ashley, went into surgery at 11:30a.m., by 1:30 Ben still hadn't called me, and I was wearing a hole in the floor. I called him and he said, you crazy woman she just went back a few minutes ago, everything is fine.....I yelled frantically it is 1:30, what time did they take her? He said crazy hysterical woman it is only 12:00...I shouted not in this time zone. I returned to praying, scrubbing toliets,and walking the floor.

Ben called at 2:45, surgery did not go as planned, they were unable to back the screw out, because bone had grown through it. It took 21/2 hours to dig the screw out of her hip. So much for a quick easy procedure. Her bone was in much worse condition than they even realised,and we are going to discuss other surgical options besides total hip replacement as options for her future.

Dear sweet girl, sat straight up in recovery and began screaming,and crying. The first injection of morphine did nothing, the nurse finally got ahold of the dr. he gave her a cocktail of meds to get her pain under control,even considering an epidural as an option. By 7:00 p.m. she could keep oral pain meds down, but felt very sick, 2 hours later she came home.

The I hate the world stomach took over on the way home. She began getting really sick and vomiting. After arriving home , she vomited every 15 minutes or so for the next 12 hours. Her discharge orders left me no phone number for after hours, and I couldn't reach a human being to save my life. This morning I spoke to her surgeons nurse, she called the resident on duty, and we took her to the e.r. in the next town.

2 bags of fluids, i.m. phenergan, and tordal, my girl looks and feels a whole lot better. I am beginning to calm down. The words frantic,stressed, and angry come to mind.

Ashley brought her screw home. It is about 4 inches long, I think we should frame it. I told her next time someone told her she had a screw loose, she should say yep. I've got it right here!!!!!

As for me, I'm supposed to be praying, not harrassing my husband on his cell phone, and screaming at the ceiling, it wasn't one of my finest moments.

0 comments: