BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 6, 2008

decorating

Nicole has asked to redecorate her room. I painted her room in 1995, while I was very pregnant with her, so I guess it is time. She is addicted to HGTV, and loves decorating shows. She has decided on a French Country theme for her room and a color scheme of ivory, black, gold and deep red.

Granny recently gave me my princess bed from when I was a little girl. Granny and Papaw found the bed in the foothills in Northern California when I was a little girl. It was in an old shepherds cottage under a bunch of debris. They took it home, and cleaned up the iron bed, and painted it gold. I called it my princess bed.

Ben spray painted the bed black, and then I took a gold leafing pen, and went over all the intricate details of the bed with it. the results are amazing. It looks so beautiful.

2 cans black spray paint 4.00
1 gold leafing pen 3.87
1 ivory garage sale bedspread .25cents
1ancient iron princess bed with love from Granny & Papaw priceless.

I have a lot of work to do still, paint the room a neutral color, put in wood/laminate flooring,add funky french phrases to her walls, draw the eiffel tower. For today though, she's satisfied.

1 comments:

Lerin said...

Okay, I had to visit your blog when I read the name. My dad used to say "Cattywampus" at us when we were little to make us laugh... at 27 years old, I had never realized it was an actual word other people knew until just now! LOL