BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

baking day

Today was baking day, and like every other day in Tuckerville, it did not go smoothly, or as planned. I was up from 3:00am on with Alexandra, and then at 5:00 Ashley came in hunting her pain meds, she couldn't sleep. I went back to bed at 7:45. I hid there until the children dragged me kicking and screaming out of bed. Thank heavens it was Daddys' day off, and he cooked breakfast for the wild horde of hungry children.

I started baking about noon. Only 4 hours behind schedule. I had the 2 pumpkin pies done, and the 2 pecan pies in the oven , when I discovered my loaf pan was at Billie Jos'. Ashley drove me to her house to pick up my pan. I started assembling the ingredients for pumpkin bread, when I discovered the canned pumpkin, was pumpkin pie mix. You cannot make pumpkin bread out of pumpkin pie mix. Horrors!!!!! Plan B pumpkin muffins in the morning, if Ashley is up to making them.

Next, I made 2 loaves of cinnamon bread, then I began assembling the ingredients for an apricot preserve breakfast bar recipe I read on Pioneer Woman Cooks. Are you kidding, I cannot find the apricot preserves, I hunted high, low and in between. there were no apricot preserves. I raided the refridgerator, and found strawberry preserves. We will be having strawberry preserve breakfast bars, and no one will be the wiser.

Ashley and Jon did not make the chocolate pudding non-pie,and we forgot all about the jello. I guess we will see what tomorrow brings.

0 comments: