BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year

It's the most wonderful time of the year, with kids jingle belling and everyone telling you be of good cheer~It's the most wonderful time of the year.

We are less than 24 hours from Mamas #1 Holiday, the first day of school.
We are trying to put together outfits for the little boys that meet my criteria of neat, clean and presentable.

Jonathan and i are in full battle mode over what is appropriate for little boys to wear to school. I think his nice button up shirts look good, and he prefers old, ripped, stained you know cool clothes. It is pitiful when a 10 year old cries over what you want him to wear...

Sean is easier, here, put these on....

Connor has his own ideas of what to wear, and since he is starting jr. high, i am letting him have a little more freedom.

I never pick Nicoles' clothes, we have wardrobe consultations everyday, over everything she wears. She is such a fashion diva....and then there is Ashley, all cowboy boots, all the time, dresses, skirts capris, it makes no difference...she wears cowgirl chic...

I will dance on the sidewalk when the bus comes, i will wave madly, i will sing silly songs, i will go back to bed. Ah for peace and quiet....the first day of school...I will only have 2 children at home after having 9 home all summer, thats a cake walk....speaking of cake...i think we will have a chocolate cake tomorrow night in honor of the holiday...the first day of school

2 comments:

momoflots said...

Hahahaha - you are so funny!!! We still have about six weeks left of summer - which I am reveling in because we homeschool - so I am starting to get my books together and I must say with a lot of mental grumbling and groaning. If we lived in a small town with smaller and more conservative schools we would make different choices but we live in a very large school district in one of the most liberal and unchurched areas of the country - the things they teach in no way match up with our beliefs - and we can't afford private school so homeschooling is it. Oh well, God does give me the strength every year - I just don't see it in the summer break!!

Happy Holidays!!!!

Jared said...

There weren't quite as many as you guys in our home when I was growing up, but I so know the chaos of the first day of school. THANK GOD I have my own place and am not gonna be a part of that this year!

Hope you are doing well. I love reading your blogs...always brings a smile to my face to read about other large families and thinking back to those moments in my life.

Enjoy your "quietness" this next week!