BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 10, 2009

the gift that keeps on giving

A church lady called last week to see how i was feeling,(i am ashamed to say i haven't been to church in 2 months) and see if i could use any tomatoes. Andrew and Jonathan drove to Konawa and came home with 3 huge boxes of tomatoes.

We ate some, froze 3 dozen, and put up 25 quarts. I am not even sure i like tomatoes right now. In a few months when we are enjoying them, i know my attitude will have changed, but for right now i just want a nap.

While i am on the subjects on naps, Alexandra got me up at 6:00, she took a nap, but i didn't get one. Between a teething baby and my birthday present(2 chihuahua puppies) i still maintain my husband is crazy, but i love him anyway, i am not getting any sleep.

The puppies are named Gus, and Dixie Belle, and combined they don't weigh a pound. We really have to watch the babies with them.

That same church lady called today, and wanted to know if we could use any cucumbers, and she will have more tomatoes, and okra...yeah!!!! I love having homegrown vegetables, put i really think i hate the whole canning thing.

Don't tell Granny she thinks i was brought up right(maybe i was since i can first, and hate later)Oh well, maybe we can just eat the stuff, and i won't have to can anything?

`

1 comments:

momoflots said...

Oh you are so lucky - my tomatoes are not ripe yet and I am craving a vine ripened tomato!! I am so tempted to pick them green and fry them up but I know I will regret it!! I love the idea of canning and I love knowing that I have a cupboard full when I'm done but I really don't like the process either (Shh - don't tell anyone I said that) It really messes up my kitchen and while that is going on the rest of my house just gets trashed!!! But...that full cupboard is really nice!!!