BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to me

Monday was my birthday, and my family pulled together to make an angel food cake, and a lovely chocolate sheet cake. They served it with vanilla ice cream and fresh strawberries. Yummy.....

Ben made my favorite dinner, chicken parmiagiana and spaghetti with marinara sauce and garlic bread. It was wonderful . Tiffiany and Nicole helped Ben cook. We had afull house for dinner. The children played music, and we ate.....

My mom sent me some lovely pink cotton pajamas, slippers, a new purse and a few other items.

Ben and I had to drive to OKC for a follow up visit at Baptist Hospital the next day ,we decided to do something special. 1st i received a clean bill of health, and after praising God and being thankful we decided to go to the art museum and see the impressionist exhibit.

We enjoyed the art work, and especially dining at the museum cafe. The food was lovely, especially the creme brulee. //////we shared our dessert and held hands and kissed.

It is such a relief to know i am cancer free, and we have so much living to do now that we are out of the shadow of fear. He told the girls to sweep and dust the bedroom for me, and straighten the bed and make it. Pile on the candles, get out a bottle of champagne and lock the door.

A locked door is absolutely necessary for a happy marriage. I had a very lovely birthday, and i hope this is just a precursor on how the upcoming year will be... May god bless us, and continue to keep us safe, and whole and happy.

The only thing that would make things perfect would be if they would bake me another cake. the hordes of locusts at e my birthday cake while i was at my dr. appt. and i wanted a piece.

2 comments:

momoflots said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!! We are just a few months apart in age. I am so glad you got a clean bill of health!! Sounds like you had a fun date with hubs!! You are right - a locked door is so important to a good marriage!! For some reason - teens seem to try and walk in just as often as two year olds - what is with that?!! You'd think they would know better!!!!
(Esther says Hi to Alexandria)

momoflots said...

P.S. Cute new pictures of your kids - how old is Alexandria? She looks close to Esther's age!