BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 26, 2010

Momdar

I have heard of radar, and sonar, but just recently discover something far mor mysterious, momdar. I guess, I knew about it all along. I just wasn't paying attention.

Momdar is used for all the missing items it the house, ie...where are my shoes, uniform, school papers, can opener...whatever is missing in my house, i am supposed to know where it is, even if it is not mine, and i couldn't fit my big toe in it (take that size 1 Nicole).

Every night before school, i say the same mundane things, get your shoes, backpacks, uniforms, socks....blah, blah, blah...does anyone ever listen to me for more than 1 day a week? And as I never sleep, I hate to say what kind of shape I am in at 6:30 in the morning...usually the babies are sound asleep, and I am just nodding off for a few hours of bliss, before they hit the ground running.

Let us just admit, I am not a happy camper when chaos reigns in the morning...I may have to strike up a regular conversation with Our Lady of Perpetual Help...either that or i may start beatings first thing in the morning....and if their chaos wakes Alexandra, heads will roll...

I am almost ashamed to admit, that my 2 youngest children believe in the family bed. I believe in being left alone, but in the wee hours of the morning i will do just about anything for peace and quiet...Christian and Alexandra regularly make their way to my bed. It wouldn't be so bad, I mean, they are very small people, and they shouldn't take up much room.

You would be kidding yourself if you believed that..for one they helicopter all the time, spinning and kicking, and punching...Ben and I feel like we just hang on to the post of our side of the bed, and hold on...I have tried putting Christian in bed with an older child, but it never works. He always wakes up and hunts me down...Alexandra is worse. She has to be on top of me, preferably using my tummy as her pillow, or rubbing my tummy for comfort...I really hate it...

This morning I had had enough, they were both on my side of the bed, I had a leg, and one butt cheek hanging off, and I was holding on for dear life..when Ben left for work, I decided that was my opportunity to make a break for it...I got my pillows, and then placed Bens' pillows on my side of the bed, in case the little darlins' decided to fling theirselves at me again, and i wasn't there to catch them.

I snuck over to his side of the bed, and crawled in...ahh, bliss, and no one was touching me. I fell asleep...I was awakened by my children a short time later, when they discovered I was not where I was supposed to be, and they both ended up on top of me....

Momdar, it seems, that they have it too.

0 comments: