BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hope springs eternal

We have been home from our little vacation for 2 weeks now, and to our surprise and delight, God has blessed us with life. It seems Grannys' predictions is true, but i believe i conceived before we left...

While i am excited and happy about the baby, i am also terrified. I am trying to lean on my faith, but i will confess to having a weak spirit...I have had 3 miscarriages. The last 3 pregnancies were very difficult. I was hospitalised for kidney infections and pre-term labor amongst other things.

I fall into that category of high-risk pregnancy. My age raises the possibility of a genetic defect, and my auto-immune diseases complicates my bodies ability to cope...

Emotionally, enduring the loss of another child...but hope springs eternal, and i am praying, and invoking the intercession of those who love us, and of our patron saints .

Indiana offered hearty congratulations, but her cheery dispositions brushes away my fears like cobwebs...but for me, they remain...that leaves pondering 4 children with due dates all in the same month, and 4 birthdays between Thanksgiving and Christmas....My Mother is going to kill me...

I haven't managed to mail out Christmas Cards in years, I may never be able to send them again...As I pray for strenth and Gods' mercy to help keep the fears in check....I will say only that surprise of another baby right after our 26th wedding anniversary....priceless!

P.S. Julie if you read this, don't say anything to Granny. I want to wait a little while before adding more to her worries...She was so afraid i would die when i carried Alexandra, i want to spare her for now...Thanks..

0 comments: