BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 3, 2009

the best laid plans of mice and men

I have been in dire need of groceries. It is almost comical, the last week, i have been doing cupboard and freezer shopping until it looked like mother hubbard lived here. Ben requested chile verde, with home-made refried bean, mexican rice, guacamole and fajitas.

In other words, shopping was in order. I made my list, got up at 6:30, got dressed, and then dressed the two little ones, and fed them breakfast. I was planning to leave for town by 8:00, but for love or money, i could not get Mr. Tucker out of bed. He just wouldn't wake up, and wouldn't move.

I sent Christian in to try, and when i went back to check on his progress, he was in bed beside his Daddy sound asleep. Alexandra then began screaming non-stop, and pointing to the rocking chair, so she was back to sleep also. Ben got about around 9:00, and started puttering around the house. We decided to call Andrew, and see if he would come and baby-sit, while we went to town. I couldn't find the phone, it had been off the charger so long, it was dead....

Finally, i found the phone, and stuck it on the charger, and 5 minutes later Tiffiany called. Her license had expired on 8/31, and she needed to renew it, in order to start her new job at Wal-mart. She was at the tag agency in Ada, she had 13.00 in cash, it cost 21.50, and they don't take debit or credit cards, so i walked over got Andrew, and went 25 miles in the opposite direction in order to rescue my daughter-in-law.

I did get my shopping done, but instead of being home by 11:00, and starting dinner by 1:00, i was home by 2:30, and as soon as the perishables were put away began assembling Bens' dinner. I am so glad i bought the tortillas instead of making them. He loves the taste and texture of home-made tortillas, the are a lot heartier than store bought, but a lot of work....

I know it all worked out for the best, if i had left on time, Tiffiany would have been stranded for hours, and then after shopping, i would have had to drive in to Ada...but, things like this make me not want to plan things at all. It just gets so crazy here.

Take supper tonight for examples, i had planned bbq meatloaf, baked potato, corn, gravy(i like gravy), but i was tired and irritable, and the girls were arguing over who had to help me cook, so i just didn't. I cooked enough yesterday to feed 2 armys' because i fed 14 people last night, and still had enough to feed them tonight, by adding a serious salad for Ben.

I guess we'll have the meat-loaf tomorrow, or not, tea, and cake, or death, i don't even care, as long as Ben and the babies eat, the rest can fend for them-selves( i think it must be past my bed-time, i am grouchy) maybe, i need to eat something, i think i had an ice-cream cone after the children ate, so technically i didn't eat supper, i have been really down since Fr. Matthew gave me the royal chewing out of the year, i still haven't recovered from it.

I am off to the kitchen in search of tea and cake, we will put the death part off for another day...the hungry housewife....

1 comments:

momoflots said...

I'm sorry you are grouchy! I am a bit grouchy myself this evening (hubs is unhappy with me because I said something stupid - sometimes I hate my mouth - well, actually more than sometimes!!) Anyway, I'm kind of in the same state - I feel if I feed the young ones and hubby - if the others don't show up at dinner time - they are on their own :0)!! Why did Fr. Matthew chew you out? That sounds alarming!! I hope your day goes better tomorrow - at least you know what you are having for dinner :0)!!