BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 5, 2010

not a drip, or a drop, or a dribble

I heard last night, about 9:30, that our water service was about to be restored. I went to bed with high hopes. The hopes were dashed when i realised through the night that my taps had nothing but air.

We had to go pick up another few days worth of drinking water late last night, because i knew Ben would not have a chance with me gone...

I have seriously considered not going away, but everything is paid for, and the reservations are made. I am supposed to be leaving in 3 & 1/2 hours to drive to OKC for the Catholic Womens Conference on Sat.

I need to get supper into the crockpot, the house straightened up, and floors swept. Christian and Alexandras' clothes laid out, so Timmi won't have to look for things. Timmi is coming down to stay with the children, Ben will be home from work this afternoon, and Kyle is coming over when he gets off work today.

I know in my heart, they are all fully capable of handling this situation, I know Timmi is an able and capable young woman. The children will be fine with her, and the water situation will be tough on her also, but she will have help.

I can't help but feeling though, that i am abandoning ship. I really wouldn't worry about leaving overnight if we had water...leaving them without does give me pause...

The sun came out and briefly said hello, today, we haven't had sunshine in 9 days, so any glimpse is a welcome one. Yesterday, with the wet, and damp, and gloom, and carrying all those buckets of water in caused my overtasked body to just almost shut down...the kidney pain was extreme, and by 6:30 when Ben and Ashley returned home i just laid down, I was too much pain to eat supper...I did however, eat 7 oreos yesterday....

Maybe, the conference will do more than restore my spirit, maybe a night away from the madness will refresh me, and i can face all the challenges of my life with a renewed spirit. The worst thing about constant pain is it saps my tolerance, and my joy...somedays i really struggle to be nice...the added stressors of no power, no water just send me over the top...

They tell me we are getting an entirely new water system, and it will take about 9 months. Now, i have lived long enough to know, that if they are estimating 9 months it will be 2 years give or take in good ol' boy time, cause like Papaw always said, them old boys, they are always fixin' to.

And if you have ever lived in the south you, know fixin' to translates to when i get around to it...when are you going to clean the kitchen Ashley? Mama, I am fixin' to...see i am quite experienced with fixin to...

As for me, i am fixin to, get off here, and put away the laundry ,do 8 hours of work in 2 back my bags, make myself somewhat presentable, get in the car...take Ashley, Nicole, and Tiffiany and run away for the day...the only nagging thought now is ...should i have asked Timmi? she and Kyle aren't married yet, and she doesn't feel very comfortable with catholic things in general, did i make a mistake in not inviting her?

Time will tell...Have a great weekend

1 comments:

momoflots said...

Oh I hope you time away was refreshing to your spirit - I think you truly need to get away and enjoy some time to renew yourself!! Your kids probably will appreciate you all the more when you return!! I hope they hurry up with the water system!!