BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Insanity is hereditary

I once read a bumper sticker, that said, insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children. I laughed and that was that, unfortunately, I now know this saying to be true.

In the last 22 years, i have devolved from a semi-together sane person to a raving lunatic...sad but true...what kind of person, confronted with strange, actually bizarre situations comes to accept the abnormal, aka unusual, highly unlikely, almost impossible as an everyday occurance, no one except the mother of a large family.

The last few years are what has sent me over the top, and i have just given in to the lunacy. If the Dr. says the side effect is rare, virtually never happens, you can guarantee someone in my house will have it.

This isn't another whine fest, because i am all out of cheese and crackers, but my children have developed a unique way to deal with me, it is called exhaust her to death.

Ashley still has not recovered from her bout with MRSA, and sees the Dr. again tomorrow, they are planning to do tons of blood work, and contact an infectious disease expert to see if they have an answer to her very slow progress. Her wound is healing well, but she is still so weak, and sick, and spiking a fever.

In a completely unrelated case, Kyle who doesn't live at home developed a severe infection in his leg from a spider bite, which turned into cellulitis, which then abcessed, and I had to make an emergency trip with him Fri, for the Dr. to open his leg. If it has not drained and improved by Mon. they are referring him to a surgeon for further care...

Christian and Alexandra have both been ill, they are not sleeping well, they seem to sleep in shifts, so I never rest for long. Ashleys' antibiotics have to be taken every 6 hrs. which requires me to set the alarm around the clock, because I never know what time it is, and if the sun isn't shining I don't know if it is day or night.

Connor and Nicole while they are both well, begin track practice next week after school, with base-ball and soft-ball practice during P.E. , there is nothing like a small country school in the south. All sports, all the time, academic team scholastic events, there is never an end to some season. We seem to go from one sport season to the next, with no time off for good behaviour.

In between all of this Ashley and Nicole sing in a girls choir with Ashley also singing in the small group and individually. We have piano lessons for 4 children, which equals 3 practice sessions a week.

Sean wants to sign-up for little league and play base-ball this summer, what a lovely idea....baseball starts the middle of May and ends the first of July with 3 games scheduled a week, and 2 tournaments...

Ashley and Nicole will be traveling to Fla in July, to compete nationally with the choirs they sing with, and Ashley is supposed to play the guitar and compete individually.

To just round things out, Andrew and Tiff want to make me a grandma, and Kyle and Timmi are getting married June 18th.

I think they are waging bets to see how quickly i crack, and how often i have to do my roots!!!!!

Ben says no ones life is as crazy as ours, no ones, and i almost have to agree with him. I am not even sure, that other people with large families have as much weirdness as we do.

My Mother blames it all on me, she swears she spent more time in the emergency room with me, than all the other children combined, and all the nurses knew her on a first name basis. I was her hot house flower, as she calls me, I don't even know what to call my Ashley, she is definitely more fragile than a hot house flower..

I knew when I got married, i was signing up to love, honor, cherish, but i really didn't know i was giving up sleeping permanently once we had children. Our life is so insane, i really am beginning to think i have cracked up, and forgot. Maybe, if i just surrender, and admit to total insanity, things would settle down.

Ben suggested sending me to a spa for a few days alone, just to recover from our crazy life, all alone for 3 days, I don't think I have ever been alone, I am not even certain I know how to be alone, what a thought...I may have to consider, it's either that or a total melt-down...

2 comments:

momoflots said...

Yes - sleep is elusive when you are a mom!! Still praying for your family!!! How did Ben's scan turn out? I think a trip to the spa is just what the doctor ordered!!!!

Kimberly said...

Bens' scan turned out fine, he still has a nodule, but no discernable problems. He is no longer radioactive, I was really diaspointed he didn't glow in the dark...