BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Birthday Madness

It seems everytime i turn around, it is someones birthday...Andrew Feb.6, Kyle, March1, my Mom, Granny, sisters, the birthdays are crazy...

I still have to take Kyle and Timmi out to dinner, and send Fr. Matthew birthday greetings, He turned 89 this week, and is still going strong...he gives me the lecture, why when he was my age, he could have run circles around me...

I tell him, the good lord gave you an iron constitution, and he gave me 9 children and 4 auto-immune diseases...so I can't keep up with a man who is twice my age...motherhood has consolations...i am sure in time, i will be able to appreciate my diagnosis, and find consolation in it...for now i just do the best i can...

I have hidden what i have for so long, until i could no longer hide it, and have to say outloud, yes, i have this, no i am not just skipping out on ball games, my body is skipping out on me...

Jonathan is still wanting to have a houseful of boys over for a game day, as we had no water, and a blizzard during his birthday...why not it will be great fun...a ball game at Tucker field and a mess of boys to eat me out of house and home...oh wait, i already have that....

Next up on the birthday list...my daughter in law Timmi...she will be 20, and then later in April my dear Sean Patrick will turn 8...we will have a small birthday break , which will coincide with little league base-ball, and the older childrens seasons...soft-ball, track, base-ball..

The consolations of motherhood..

0 comments: